projector with scart connection ?

T0rNaDo

my friend is looking at getting a cheap first PJ..

just to run his sky box too..

sky box only has scart.......

he doesnt want the cost of a scart to component convertor..

so im wondering was there any PJ's made with scart connection

tfboy

I'm not aware of any PJ that comes with a scart socket. If one did, it would limit your choice so much that I don't think it's worth the savings of a converter. You can always feed composite video of course without any conversion, although it won't look best.

Some PJs allow you to switch the 15 pin D-type VGA socket to a normal RGB, but that depends on the PJ and the menus.

Surely someone more knowledgeable than myself will come along soon :D

Tony Hoyle

Novice Member
AE900, AX100, Z3, Z4, IN76... basically anything designed for the european market has SCART.

T0rNaDo

I'm not aware of any PJ that comes with a scart socket. :D

there is a few . or atleast one as i remember seeing one.

cant remember what make it was thou :(

T0rNaDo

AE900, AX100, Z3, Z4, IN76... basically anything designed for the european market has SCART.

ae900 does....... but a little out of his price range :)

ax100 doesnt show it has a scart.

z3 no idea.

z4 doesnt as i have a z4

morksbeanbag

Novice Member
The PT-AE500E does, saw one go for £300 the other day on a famous auctioning site. Am i allowed to say ebay?

T0rNaDo

ok thanks...

anyone know anymore that are known to have scart connection..

thanks..

leef1234

I've not used it, but apparently the HD72i can accept rgb via the vga input (it comes with a scart to vga adaptor in the box)
Maybe someone with the HD70 can confirm if it it the same with that projector.

Delh68

The Epson tw10h (which i have) comes with an adaptor that fits into the component & composite ports on the back of it, so it can accept scart.

As not to limit his choice, he could get a Sky+ box or any of the grundig boxes that have s-video out to connect to pretty much most projectors.

Alternatively, has he a dvd recorder with component out ~ he could get one to use as a dvd recorder & use it to route pictures to the projector.(that's what i do!)

hth
Delh68

Bald Monkey

Novice Member
Alternatively, has he a dvd recorder with component out ~ he could get one to use as a dvd recorder & use it to route pictures to the projector.

Ditto, Scart in.. Component / Svideo / Composite (and digital audio) out! :smashin:

Kalos Geros

Toshiba DLP ET1 has a SCART...and it's cheap...if you can find it in stock anywhere...yes he can route RGB via a DVD recorder to component but only Pioneers and Panasonics are certain to do a full RGB-component conversion...some (most?) like older JVCs, Samsungs convert to S-video or even composite and then convert to component...

cyberheater

I've not used it, but apparently the HD72i can accept rgb via the vga input (it comes with a scart to vga adaptor in the box)
Maybe someone with the HD70 can confirm if it it the same with that projector.
I can confirm. The absolutely awesome and spectacularly cheap HD70 can accept scart via a included scart to vga adaptor.

(can you tell i'm a fan. :D )

Batdog

For clarification, the AX100 does not have a SCART, unlike its predecessor the PTAE-900 which does.

T0rNaDo

thanks everyone for your posts and input :)

i now have a list of pj's to look at for him.

thats if he tells me on tuesday that he wants to go for a pj and screen.

g/f premitting... that is :rotfl:

i dont know if he has a dvd recorder..
and i dont think his bothered on getting sky + either.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews

Trending threads

Top Bottom