Projector with large vertical shift

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looking to shortlist some replacements for my ae900 but I need a large vertical lens shift, so would like recommendations.

Current projector is an ae900 mounted with the lens about 30cm from the ceiling, projecting 10ft from the screen. But I need a minimum of 15cm drop from lens to top of image, and ideally up to 45cm so I can bring the projected image lower.

2.4m room height. Currently using a 92" 16:9 screen which needs replacing but I expect will stay the same size - 10-11ft viewing distance so anything much bigger might be too big.

looking at the optomas:

HD141x projecting from 3m away will barely give me a 92" image (83.9-91.9"), with the top being 52-53cm from the ceiling. I think I can live with that, although the screen size prevents me going bigger unless I move further away from the screen which I might not be able to do.

HD151x projecting from 3m away will give me a 66.5-99.5" image, so much more flexibility. And as standard an image 46-52cm from the ceiling. But it also has 20% vertical lens shift, which would give me another 22cm on top of that, giving me up to 79cm from ceiling to top of image.

HD151x is £200 more than the 141 though. Are there any other advantages with the 151 other than the lense shift and more flexible zoom?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom