Question Projector Warranty/Insurance

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by JamesDavison, Jul 20, 2018.

1. JamesDavison

JamesDavison

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hi,

My JVC X30 PJ is getting quite old now and worried a breakdown could happen anytime... can anyone recommend any companies they've used to get extended warranty/insurance due to break down?

I realise this wouldn't include the bulb and you never know how good they are until you have to make a claim!

I did find KAPUT but some bad reviews around saying they wouldn't pay out which you could probably find about any company I suppose...

Thanks

2. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,915
    I don't think there is anything useful. I found one but the amount they'd pay out had a maximum of something like £300, and the premiums weren't cheap.

Seems a bit pointless given a 2nd hand X30 is now only worth about £500, and the most typical repair you might have to do (balast board) is around £600.

Put some pennies in a jar and with any luck you'll be most of the way to at least a used replacement by the time it dies. I managed to get £150 for an X3 I'd launched accidentally off the ceiling mount and wrecked, so even broken it is worth something.

3. JamesDavison

JamesDavison

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Ah I see. Thanks for your reply. Did you sell your wrecked X3 on here or ebay?

4. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,915
    Ebay. Came, collected and paid cash.