Projector VS LCD TV! (need help)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ohayo, Mar 21, 2006.

1. ohayo

ohayo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello everyone..i just looking for a video display for DVD and game.

I dont know that LCD TV or projector which one is much better and suit on watching movie and play game(ps3&xbox360).. could anyone who had the both product and give me some advice. I may choice a LCD TV for Panasonic LXD60 or choice a projector for Z4..or HC3000....Thanks a lot!!!!

2. smashed

smashed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +166
    Well, a projector is amazing provided you have..
    a) a TV to watch normal programs as you cant rely on the PJ constantly (too expensive to replace bulbs)
    b) enough space in the room to get a screen and PJ at suitable distances apart.
    c) the ability to make the room dark as a PJ will not operate well in daylight.

The ability to make a massive image with high detail can be really impressive.

However, get an LCD if you cant cope with the above.

3. DEANO-B

DEANO-B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have to agree with most of these comments. I use my PJ as a TV but it has recently emerged that bulb life is not the only thing that will need to be replaced if your clocking up serious hours on your PJ as the blue polerizer and panels more likely than not will need to be changed between 5000 to 10000 hours. Placement of LCD PJs in relation to screen and distance apart is not a great concern as long as the PJ has a good zoom and lens shift (which most do) but does need checking up on as stated above before purchasing. Natural daylight is a killer for PJs but room lighting isn't although this will greatly reduce PQ and black levels. All things said though PJs are unbeatable as far as big screen movies and hidef TV and gaming go and if you do buy a PJ it will put a huge smile on your face each time you turn it on. The only PJ for a TV option I would consider is the Epson 600 as I beleive they have an exceptional 3 year unlimted hour warranty and quick call out for repairing or replacing a faulty PJ (I would double check on this though!!)

4. ohayo

ohayo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for u guys help....