1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projector virgin

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dazgwinn, May 8, 2001.

1. dazgwinn

dazgwinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi folk's ,i've been into av for about 5 year's and i've alway's used t.v's.I did auditon a projector a few year's ago but felt that the picture was grainy and really lacked the clarity of a good t.v.How well have they improved and which model's would be worth checking out.Cheer's dazgwinn :confused:

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Not sure how long ago you had a demo, but in the last year or so especially they are coming on in leaps and bounds!
    Personally I use the Toshiba MT1 an LCD projector. I use it on a 6.6' screen. I found the picture to be excellent. Obviously if your watching from a poor source, could be cable or tv then some channels can look poor, but from dvd no prob's. Yes there are plenty of much better projectors around using different technology e.g. DLP, CRT, which can give a better pic, but for my price range and use at the moment the Tosh suits me down to the ground!
    I'd never go back to using a T.V. again, which must tell you something.
    It is like a maze out there, so much to choose from, but if you read some past threads from this forum it will be an excellent start to begining your journey to perhaps the purchase of one.
    Remember, Try before you buy and if you try make sure the person you go to knows how to set it up to show what each projector you demo is capable of.
    Hope this helps a little.....
    regards ninc0

:D

3. dazgwinn

dazgwinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi nincO,yeah it was age's ago,thank's for the tip that is just the sort of kit i'm after.Cheer's daz :)