projector virgin ! requires help

andrew constant

i have given up on plasmas, now i am after a pj ,i have a buget of 2k i only require a screen size of 6 foot by 4, from wall 2 wall is 12 feet can u giveme some recomendations thanks.

KraGorn

Novice Member
I think the standard suggestions are Sanyo Z2 or Panasonic AE500 for LCDs and maybe the Sharp Z91E for a DLP, leaving cash for a screen. There are others of course, perhaps less popular but probably just as good, your best bet is read the threads here, all common machines are likely mentioned.

Paul Hayward

Hi Andrew,

i am not up with the throw distance of the new Domino 20H, but I can firmly reccommend this wonderful projector. I have seen it up against some stiff competition, and remarkably, it really holds its own. You owe it to yourself to at least catch a demo. Good hunting,

Regards,

Paul H

andrew constant

Thanks 4 your suggestions,i will have to seek out somewhere in south london who can demonstright some pj s 4 me . any suggestions?

CYRUStheVIRUS

Depends how much you intend to use it and what you mainly want it for. Consoles, sky ,pc.
AE2/3/500 and z1/2 are good ones to start with and £2000 will buy you some impressive Dlp's sharp z91 and optoma 56 are worth a look if Rainbows do not bother you.

andrew constant

it seems to be a shoot out between the AE500 v Z2 i will be watching mainly sky 75% dvd 25% so can anyone swing me one way or the other.?

docfeelgood

Standard Member
Here's my two-penneth :)

2k will get you a Sony VPL-HS20 (see pricerunner).

Better all round than AE500 or Z2 in my opinion. I owned a Z2, demoed an AE500 and now own an HS20.

Spend the money on the best projector you can afford... buy a budget screen and upgrade this later if you feel the need.

best regards

:)

Doc

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom