Question Projector under 500 for a student

Bl4k3

Novice Member
Good morning guys!
I'm new in this community. I'm an italian student living and studying in Milan. Pleased to read you!
I'm thinking of buying a projector because of its portability and lower dimensions in order to bring it with me occasionally (once-twice evey year) in my luggage. I would like to use it for movies streaming and PS4 in a 3x4 meters bedroom from a distance of 3mt (also lower) and on a wall 3 meters long.
I was thinking about these four projectors:

- Optoma HD141x FULL HD 16:9 refurbished at 430 euros;
- Optoma H183x HD READY 16:10 new at 380 euros;
- Optoma ML330 (also called IntelliGO-S1) LED HD READY 16:10 at 400 euros;
- Acer H5382BD HD READY 16:9 at 380 euros.

Can you suggest to buy a refurbished projector (with 2 years warranty)?
What one you can suggest between the ones wrote before?
Thank you for your attention!

Last edited:

Bl4k3

Novice Member
Thank you for your answers but at the end I ordered an Optoma h114 refurbished on amazon.fr at 270 euros the last week. It was descripted as in good conditions (specifically with the box damaged but in excellent condition). It arrived in its original box (without any damage) and the projector was pratically brand new (the hours of usage in the service menu was less than 1 hour). It works perfectly. I have the full guarantee from optoma of 2 years on the projector and 1 year or 1000hrs on the lamp. I think I made a good choice for the price I paid considering the projector is pratically brand new. I'm not suffering from rainbow effects (there are some only if I move my eyes fast from the center to the borders of the image and particularly only with subtitles). I do not have any problems of slow colors depending on the color wheel speed (it is 2x or more?). I played also with my ps4 on it and I never had any problem for now. The quality of the picture is very good for the price with very good contrast and accurate colors. I can say I'm happy. Thank you for your attention!

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom