Projector Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davejw

Hi
Move to a new house and now need to rebuild the HT. I was thinking about mounting a PJ in the ceiling and drop it dowm electronically. Where do I get plans and sizes and advice on this. I am also looking at an electric screen. I also want to mount the speakers into the ceiling and have the front three speakers drop down out ood the ceiling aswell. Any help appreciated.

Regards
Dave

Last I heard Marata Vision were doing projector lifts. They are/were a Sony distributor so may have something to handle mid sized CRT projectors. Because they are a distributor you'll probably have to buy through a dealer.

Someone here may have their number, if not try looking under CEDIA, they were one of the founder members of CEDIA UK.

Regards

as for the speakers the Kef custominstall speakers would fit your requirements.

The Ci200QT is a motorised unit that drops out of the ceiling when it receives a signal, and then raises flush again when not in use.

these retail for about £275 each but hyperfi or superfi, cant remeber which has them for £99 at the monment.

then look at the ci160qr for the rears.

very neat and seem to be reccommened, I have bought these for my cinema room , but can't comment on them for another couple of weeks as it is still being finished.

Thanks guys
What amp are you using to drive the Kef speakers?

Dave

A denon A1, but they are pretty sensitive and 8 ohm so should be easy to drive.

when are you looking to do it ???

I would call about the speakers pretty soon if you are considering them as they wont hang about for long at that price.

Yeah
Phoned and no stock left :confused: What next? I will look around intend to build the ceiling in the next week so will get the speakers soon but the impedance is 4 Ohm and 6 Ohm so I rekon I will get a Meridian/Krell/Bryston amp.

If you see anywhere that has a discount let me know. The 200QT is around 250 per pair and the side speakers the 130 CS dipole are 350 per pair from Kef Dealers

Dave

Originally posted by davejw
Yeah
Phoned and no stock left :confused: What next? I will look around intend to build the ceiling in the next week so will get the speakers soon but the impedance is 4 Ohm and 6 Ohm so I rekon I will get a Meridian/Krell/Bryston amp.

If you see anywhere that has a discount let me know. The 200QT is around 250 per pair and the side speakers the 130 CS dipole are 350 per pair from Kef Dealers

Dave

Not wanting to question you but do you not think that a Meridian/Bryston/Krell Amp is overkill with £300 speakers. You could quite easily drive them with Rotel Amplification.

Steve

May seem so but my 2 channel setup needs to be driven aswell?
At this moment in time still have to decide on the speakers but find somewhere to listen to Custom Install Speakers not easy. I hear that there are some new better speakers available if anybody knows where to get the info I would be very pleased

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom