Projector throw ratio???

westiefish

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm in the process of buying a BenQ 1300 projector, I've looked at the throw ratio in the spec and says -
Throw Ratio 1.39-2.09 (65"±3% @ 2m)
What does this exactly mean as in distance from the screen to the projector?

Throw ratio is distance from screen divided by screen width (not diagonal). So this means if you pick a screen first then you must position the projector between 1.39 and 2.09 times screen width from the screen, otherwise your picture will either not fill the screen if too close, or overfill it if too far away.

Thanks, I've decided on a 92" screen which is 2130mm wide, I'm still not sure on the calculation?

And 1.39 to 2.09 is a particularly large range of throw for a budget model, I have an Infocus IN8606HD because it also has a large range, I was limited to one of only a couple of projectors because I needed a throw ratio of around 2 ... so message from me, if you want to have a good range of choices in the future consider keeping the throw ratio less than 1.8 otherwise you may be severely limited on your next projector !

So keep the lens to screen distance < 3.8m if possible (and >3m obviously).

Thankyou chaps, appreciate your replies!!!! This is all new to me and want to get it right 1st time.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom