Projector Throw distance help please

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by spookydarren, Apr 27, 2007.

1. spookydarren

spookydarren

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    HI,

I have been reading the forums and someone posted this great link but I can't work out how to use it. I may just be being thick but its making my head hurt.

http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/projector/calc/html/aspct169/ax100.html

Can someone please help? My PJ is 210cm from the wall and about 216cm off the floor. I think I need a 160 cm x 90 cm screen.

Can anyone advise me please much appreciated.

2. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,025
    I checked it with projector central's calculator and it comes up with just under 160cm x 90cm for the AX100 at 2.1 metres.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Panasonic_Home-PT-AX100U-projection-calculator-pro.htm

I find it easier to use....couldn't figure out the one you posted.:D

I don't know how close you intend to sit, but 77" (177cm) diagonal doesn't seem very big for a projector. On the bright side (literally!) you'll be able to watch it in broad daylight just about.:thumbsup:

3. spookydarren

spookydarren

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Thanks very much Kelvin. That sounds just right, The screen is big enough for me, have to make do with the wife and all, she puts up with all the speakers & stuff so you have to appese sometimes. Cheers for the help :smashin: