Projector suggestion for 2350mm throw distance

KobeoneHD2

Established Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon all... so it's been about 11 years since I have been on the forums - family and life changes, etc.
However, I now live in a 3 bedroom semi with the family and recently bought a cheap used Optoma HD26 projector to see if it was viable for use in our lounge 3m x 5m but with a chimney breast where the TV is mounted and the projector screen drops in front of. With that in mind, I have a throw distance of 2350mm with an 80" screen, and the current projector goes to about 72" so not quite filling the screen.

As we now feel it is a great addition to our lounge we want to upgrade the projector - this is where you guys hopefully can help? What would be a good Full HD/UHD projector suited to fill this screen - I am also open to going to a 120" screen if the projector can fill it from that distance.

Epson, Benq, Sony, or Optoma and preferably in white - it is still a lounge after all.

I will be posting an updated setup once I have fitted my new speakers (Currently using the Q Acoustics QAV system in a 7.1 setup)

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom