Projector struggles to lock onto freesat signal

Jack's Dad

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hopefully one of you guys will be able to help with this.

I've got a Screenplay 4805 projector - pretty long in the tooth I know, but the picture quality is nontheless excellent. When viewing HD content via my freesat box I'm always amazed at the quality of the picture - given the resolution of the projector.

Unfortunately though, the PJ often fails to lock onto the signal from my HUMAX Foxsat receiver. I originally had a Bush receiver which suffered the same problem (and eventually died) but the Humax is much worse. It took me half an hour of constantly switching on/off PJ/receiver before I eventually got it to work last night. Sometimes it will pick up the signal for a few seconds before it then dies.

Other inputs to the PJ are fine, I'm only using the HDMI output from the receiver and it makes no difference whether its HD content or not.

Any ideas would be very gratefully received - thanks!

Have you eliminated the HDMI cable as the problem?

Im posting my experience if it may be any help, Ive an old Themescene H30a which I thought had come to end of its life as it would not go past the start up procedure of locking on to freesat hdmi source and then showing picture, by accident I found that if I first start the projector without hdmi plugged in ,let it find source, then plug in hdmi, it works every time, it gives a fantastic picture from HD source which Im pleased I can carrey on using.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom