Projector.. Stands?

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Hey guys, might be the stupidest question ever but basically..

I have a 110'' Electronic projector screen.
I am moving house and house will be under construction from the outside coming in for 6 months. I don't really want to drill and install the projector temporarily in a room if I can help it because its a faff when its only for a few months.
Is there any stand or pillar or some crap thing I can use to 'suspend the electronic projector temporarily rather than drill a lot of fixings into a new place?

I think I already know the answer.. which is im being crazy and stupid and just fix that crap to the wall for now.. but just wanted to see if any genius here could think of a better solution. thanks!

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Unicol make some good stuff that will mount your projector where you want it, including a very tall stand.

Look on ebay if you just want some cheap stuff. It might get a bit tatty, but it's pretty much indestructible.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Unicol make some good stuff that will mount your projector where you want it, including a very tall stand.

Look on ebay if you just want some cheap stuff. It might get a bit tatty, but it's pretty much indestructible.
Thanks mate. What should I be searching on ebay for these stands?

I don't mind tatty. The house is going to be a building site soon, so I just don't want to waste my time mounting Projectors and fixing speakers to the wall, only to have to take it down. etc. and re-install in a totally new space later.

I am half thinking of just installing everything in one of the bedrooms upstairs as one of them is 4Mx5M which seems big enough for a HT room.. but I don't like the idea of guests coming upstairs at all to watch a film on the rare occasion it happens in the next few months.

I'll probably end up just installing it as I guess I need to drill holes into the wall for the projector anyway.

alebonau

A lot of folk just use a Hifi / equipment rack down back can get in different sizes. Cable runs short too then - source to avr to projector ...

If can’t find suitable rack, I’ve also seen people use a “utility rack” just Google that. Cheap inexpensive and utilitarian :D eg check zombies room on avsforum has used a plastic “Rubbermaid” unit for years with multithousands of different brands and types of projectors housed within ... does the job :D

if MUST have a wall mount they are few far between for serious projectors. Will find plenty for lightweight cheap basic projectors eg eBay no brand. But for anything more serious eg Epson Sony jvc etc I know of one brand and it’s quite serious stuff sold locally not sure available where you are.

I myself use a peerless prg-unv-exa this was the ceiling/wall mount kit and used to come with the precision mount as a bundle, all up with mount and kit cost me $25 more than bare mount - no longer available on B&H but maybe elsewhere - this will take epson

can have it “floating” down the back ...
1606891901500.jpeg

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Best bet with Unicol kit is to go on their website and identify what you need then type the part numbers into Google and see whats available 2nd hand.

Furnace Inferno

I used a Unicol mount for my 18kg Epson in the old place and it was very sturdy, no issues at all and could extend right up to the ceiling.

Currently it’s just sitting in a cupboard if you are interested? I think I paid around £200 for the biggest base/top and adjustable height to make sure it was stable so relatively pricey as it costs as much as a good ceiling mount but a lot more metal for your money.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Hi guys. I didn't mean a projector stand. I meant a projector SCREEN stand. 😂 😂 😂

So some form of pullars to support an electronic projector screen.

Now you might realise why I am crazy...

alebonau

Hi guys. I didn't mean a projector stand. I meant a projector SCREEN stand. 😂 😂 😂

So some form of pullars to support an electronic projector screen.

Now you might realise why I am crazy...

oh gosh...groan... :eek:

you want a pull up floor mounted screen...

its what folk use when renting...

1606998006602.png

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member

ask4me2

Had a similar "problem" 20 years ago using ~80kg Barco CRT projectors and roll down projector screen in a rented flat.

Solved with the use of some 2x4 and 2x6 joists and made some preliminary free-standing frames to get the needed mounting places for the screen and projector. Fitted right they did not need to be attached to the room (only laterally supported) and that could easily be dismantled and used as firewood when they were no longer needed. Used some dark fabric/curtains to hide the joists and the white walls and to make the room have more bat cave properties to enjoy the home cinema.

Furnace Inferno

Already have the Draper ALR screen bought.

I'm just going to end up installing it aren't I.. lol.
I looked at options for the same screen when I was thinking of renting and one of the things I looked at was light scaffolding, I’ll see if I can find it, basically two heavy duty tripods holding up the scaffold which could support the weight well and height adjustable.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
I looked at options for the same screen when I was thinking of renting and one of the things I looked at was light scaffolding, I’ll see if I can find it, basically two heavy duty tripods holding up the scaffold which could support the weight well and height adjustable.
If you could find a link, that'd be great. Are they cheap or expensive?

Furnace Inferno

If you could find a link, that'd be great. Are they cheap or expensive?
Not as cheap as the wood option above bit cheaper than the projector. I think it was around £450 but I can’t remember and haven’t found it yet. There is also the fixed option like this: Equinox 3 x 2m Truss System, Black at Gear4music

Still £350 but may find something second hand/cheap or use the shape/side to build your own from wood but probably wouldn’t be able to hold 100kg but then the screen is only 20kg.

Edit - Found it, £330 so cheaper than I remember: Equinox Wind Up Truss System, 6m at Gear4music

A couple of options but not the cheapest for a temporary job.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom