Projector Stand

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by JonnyFun, Jun 2, 2002.

1. JonnyFun

JonnyFun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got a Panasonic AE100 projector and a 60" DaLite screen. Now I need a projector stand. Had a look around the web, and they seen pretty expensive for what they are (£150-£200). More than I paid for my screen!

Surely there must be some cheaper ones around? I definitely want a stand that's height adjustable and be portable. Any suggestions as to where does cheap ones/or similiar furniture that will do the job?

2. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +333
    I'm gonna have mine ceiling mounted when I get a mount.

But as I wanted to see what It was like I mounted it on a Camera Tripod. Any good quality camera tripod should do just make sure it is capable of holding the weight of the pj.

I am using a Manfrotto Tripod which are excellent but they are expensive!!

3. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    I ended up buying a pair of telescopic speaker stands from Argos. £30

They a well finished in black, fully adjustable from 2' to 4' and have solid bases with spikes. They would be easerly portable.

I use one for my ctr speaker and the other for the PJ. I screwed at 12" square piece of MDF covered with leather cloth to the top for the PJ. Works great.

Check out the Argos site http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/comme...9&prmenbr=6970&type=big&thisMode=ols&cgrfnbr=