1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

projector stand

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by fred123go, Oct 31, 2003.

1. fred123go

fred123go
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all,
    I have the panasonic PT-AE200, right now it is sitting on a little side table between the seating. This means i can only fit two seats in between the l/r rear speakers and it is pretty uncomfortable atm so i would like to get it behind me and high up so i could sit three people and not have hot air been blown into me. I can't ceiling mount it because mum will not allow, new room and all.
    So i decided to get a projector stand, i found this sony one http://www.avland.co.uk/sony/vplhs2/index.htm which i know was not meant for my pj but i am sure i can just rest it on top right? any other suggestions?looking for cheaper ones or similar price.
    cheers
    Fred

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    can you not put up a shelf on your back wall and set it on there? A stand in the middle of the floor is a wee bit ugly!

ad

3. fred123go

fred123go
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its hardly in the middle of the room, i can't put it on the back because it needs venting and my centre rear rests at the back, the stand will go behind the sitting area so it won't be heard or seen really. the stand seems a good idea, and adjustable height so much easier to produce a very good picture without keystone adjustment
    Fred

4. Mr Sparkle

Mr Sparkle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  5. fred123go

fred123go
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks but it is rear vented so it needs a lot of space to 'breath' otherwise it may overheat
    Fred