Projector Specification

Chaos Star

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Bit of a projector newbie :).

Just wondering if this sounds like a good projector specification.

Characteristics:
1800 ANSI Lumens
Resolution: XGA (1024 x 768)
Contrast ratio: 400:1
Input source: computer, DVI, HDTV, YCbCr, S-video, AV
Computer input: VGA (resized), SVGA (resized), XGA, SXGA (resized), UXGA (resized)
Video input: PAL, NTSC, SECAM
Audio system: 1W x 2
Properties:
Projection system: three-panel 0.9-inch LCD projector
Resolution (pixels): 1024 x 768 (786,432 dots x 3)
Brightness: 1800 ANSI Lumens
Uniformity: 85%
Lens: manual zoom (1.3X)
Focal length: 37.8mm to 49.2mm
Contrast ratio: 400:1
Screen size: 30 to 300 inches
Throw distance: 1.64 to 16.35 meters
Projection type: front, rear, ceiling
Lamp life: 2,000 hours
Compatibility:
Horizontal frequency: 15kHz to 91kHz
Vertical frequency: 50Hz to 85Hz
Pixel rate: 12MHz to 157MHz
Color: 24 bits
Keystone correction: +/-15 degrees (digital)
Picture-in-picture (PIP): yes
Independent color control (ICC)
Audio system: 1W x 2
Video input: PAL, NTSC, SECAM
Computer input: VGA (resized), SVGA (resized), SXGA (resized), UXGA (resized)
Input source: computer, DVI, HDTV, YCbCr, S-video, AV
Remote mouse: PS2 and USB
Remote control: multifunctional
OSD language: Chinese, English (other language can be added upon request)
Operating temperature: 5 to 35 degrees Celsius
Operation humidity: 35% to 85%
EMI and safety: UL, CE, FCC B
Power requirement: 100V to 240V, 50Hz to 60Hz
Power consumption: 210W
Dimensions (W x D x H): 297 x 248 x 96mm
Weight: 3.6kg (<8 lbs)

Is there anything missing on the specification.

Any help much appreciated

:smashin:

Hi Piero,

Might be easier for peeps to give you a reaction if you just indicated the name of the projector - at first glance it would seem to be a projector aimed at the business market - 1800 lumens, 400:1 contrast ratio and 4:3 format - it wouldn't be my choice for home cinema use - too bright + contrast ratio would suggest that black levels wouldn't be too good; also 4:3 format - just wouldn't have that after using a native 16:9 projector.

I'd say a projector with that spec. might demo well in some ambient light with Monsters Inc or Toy Story - plenty bright with lots of colour saturation, but I'd want to see it in action with more demanding stuff under light control. :suicide:

Go on - tell us more about it - what is it, who offered it to you, did you buy it, how much is/was it, blah blah......

Sean G.

I afraid i dont no much about the projector bar the above and its made by a taiwan type company. Not currently available in this country.

But after your learned explanation it does seem like a business model.

How did you work out it was 4:3?

Also what should I be looking for as a home cinema projector specification:

Dont know the price of it but probably get it at a good price.

I know of quite a few strange and unheard of projector makers, i will post up info if i see any good ones, if i get a good BUDGET and HiGHER end AV projector spec tolookout for.

:smashin:

Hi Piero,

Just re-read my post - it reads a bit "snottty" - wasn't meant that way :blush: , it's too late for this stuff !!!

1024x768 = 4:3 format (standard XGA).

If I was looking for a hc projector, it'd depend on the budget:

Bargain no-brainer: Panny AE100 (£800)

New standard for entry level: Sanyo Z1 - £1300, higher resolution than AE100, better pic quality, useful picture shift function....

Sony HS10, AE300 - C. £2000- current fave LCD projectors, see projectorcentral.com for comparison review, read Kramers post for definitive details of HS10, lots of other posts on AE300. HS10 has higher resolution than AE300, afaik, but projectorcentral.com's review makes interesting reading.....

HS10 is reported here and on avsforum.com to have lamp bug, some unpredictable behaviour at switch on, could be over-sensitive temp. sensors or firmware issue, outcome as yet unknown..............

AE100 known here (and elsewhere) for blowing its power supply, AE300 - no similar pattern yet identified, but have seen a couple of reports of dead pjs.

All of these PJs are 16:9 native resolution, AE100 = 854x484,

Z1 and AE300 = 960x540, HS10, the resolution king = 1368x768

Hope this gives you a steer, browse this forum for lots of details/opinion on peeps favourites.

See ya,

The Rit:boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: !!

Sean G.

Piero,

You can't buy products based on spec (well you can but I don't recommend it). The pertinent specs for watching video source material are not mentioned in any specification. Even if they were you would need to go look at it to check it was of a picture quality that was high enough for you to want to use it.

Gordon

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom