1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projector / speakers / DVD

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by abooker, Jun 14, 2005.

1. abooker

abooker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking in to buying a projector and speaker package to connect to my DVD player so I can do photography presentations with music. I'm looking for around 1600 lumens and hopefully spending no more than about £800 inc VAT.
    Does anyone know what the new Epson EMP-S3 is like ?? Any others that would be suitable ?
    Can you connect any speakers to a projector ?? Or do they connect via the DVD player ??

Many thanks in advance for your help

2. abooker

abooker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just pushing it back to the top for advice .... :lease:

3. lee789

lee789

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Don't know what the epson is like, I have a different Epson which I'm happy with.

You cannot connect speakers to the projector, it does have a speaker in it, which if its like mine is very crappy.

In general you would need some sort of amplification to power the speakers ie. a regular stereo amp if its just for stereo (2 speakers) or an av amplifier/receiver if you want full blown surround sound. This would then connect to your dvd player.

You can get dvd "lifestyle" systems with in built amplifiers - but I assume you have the dvd player allready.

There are other areas of the forum where you'll get advice on this.

But by the sounds of things this set up is likely to need to be moveable for presentations etc, so there may be other more suitable options for this kind of thing which I'm not familiar with, and would not be classed as home av really.

Hope this helps a little.

It may be useful to add what speakers your were thinking of and what you already have, it makes it a bit easier then for people to see where you are and then advise how to get where you want to.

4. abooker

abooker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It does, many thanks. I'll have a look at some amps on the net and see what the specs are like - I just wasn't sure what the set-up would be - shame it can't be as easy as connecting the speakers and projector to the DVD player and away you go !!!
    Cheers