1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projector solution

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by tjhome, Dec 6, 2004.

1. tjhome

tjhome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    OK looking at the Infocus Screenplay 5700, distance from screen will be 12 feet and it will be ceiling mounted. was thinking about a 92" diagonal screen to project onto.

So question is.....is there anyone out there with a simular setup that may comment on the above...or for around the same sum (£2,500) is there any other otpions that could be recommended.

2. maverick177uk

maverick177uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +483
    I've got a Screenplay 4805 and 92" screen, its currently at 10 1/2 feet and doesn't fill the whole screen. It will be moved back to 12 ft and should fill the screen, so make sure you have enough throw. As to your set up I can't recommend enough the 4805 and you''ll save yourself a few bob.
    Hope this helps.
    Rob

3. whats_this

whats_this

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I Know it gets said again and again but if at all possible go and demo as many of the projectors in your price range (try and see DLP's for at least an hour to see if you get headaches from watching these). Other projectors to consider would be the Themescene H57, sony HS-50 (if you can find one), Z3

2.5K is a fair bit of cash and the thing you dont want to do is wonder about what if i had only demoed that one, maybe it would of been better.

What people find an acceptable picture quality varies from person to person. If you have to buy blind, fair enough but i cannot stress how important it is to demo, if you cant see any difference between the 4805 and the 5700 its not worth spending more than you need to, but if you demo both which ever one you take home you wont worry about the other one later.

Sorry about the rambling, just think it really adds to the satisfaction you get having seen/heard other kit and knowing what you bought is worth the extra money to you, as it might not be to someone else.

4. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    From 12 foot, the max size diagonal image you can get from the 5700 is 79.5 inches. You would need to place the projector at least 14 foot back for an image size of 92 inches diagonally. If I were you, I'd buy the projector first, mount it and see what size image you can achieve on the wall and then buy the appropriate sized screen to match this . Most projectors have a zoom to adjust the image size, the larger the zoom, the more adjustment you will have. Unfortunately, with the 5700, the image variation from 12 foot ranges from a minimum of 63.5 diagonal inches to 79.5 inches. way short of your required 92 inches.

Hope this helps,
    Danny

5. rpjcheney

rpjcheney
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1