1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projector Software Updates

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by kelaD, Aug 15, 2005.

1. kelaD

kelaD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I bought my Themescene H57 quite soon after its release - in January. I have had few problems with it. But occasionally it does not switch off from its cooling cycle (a problem others have mentioned in this forum) and it also doesn't always correctly recgnise the DVD input (and displays two DVD pictures on the screen).

I seem to remember that you can get software updates for projectors . How would I go about arranging this? Would the store I bought it from do this? Or can you do it yourself?

Thanks for any advice.

2. jwm15

jwm15

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had similar problems with mine early on. I ended up sending the unit back to Optoma for a hot-swap. That worked pretty well. Before you do that you should contact them for details on how and where to ship. Also, they do not always have temporary units available so you should check that as well.

Since the machine came back it seems to perform much better. There has been no sign of any on/off problems or freezing. I am very happy with it.

J