1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projector shop in or near derby

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by alcolepone2, Apr 18, 2005.

1. alcolepone2

alcolepone2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

iam hoping to buy a projector soon, either the z3, ae700 or the hs50.

but i really need to see them in action first to know if lcd is where i want to go.

does anyone know of any shops around derby that sell projectors? iam new to the area and dont know of any.

cheers.

p.s. will proberbly go for the sony, i think...... :thumbsup:

2. Blindman

Blindman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Try Nottingham HiFi ,Afreton Road Nottingham, 0115 9786919.
    We demo'd (and bought ) an HS50 before Christmas. :clap:

3. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,023
    There really isnt anywhere in Derby to try a HS50, i too viewed it at Nottingham Hifi, not totally ideal demo facilities but it should give you an idea.

4. squibbly

squibbly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Sevenoaks Sound and Vision in Nottingham have excellent demo facilities if you want to look at Infocus (4805/5705) or SIM2 models, to check your DLP compatability. Spent a very pleasurable time there watching some demos the other week.

They were a bit anti Optoma, though, but then they didn't stock 'em.

5. Blindman

Blindman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    We went to Sevenoaks Nottingham too. The demo facilities were good, but the staff were incredibly unhelpful - Nottingham HiFi were much better.

6. akarit1

akarit1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    iMHO Sevenoaks have never served me well. They have always tried to get me to buy what they have in stock without giving me decent advice. Its always "buy this and buy that",but never what I really want. Well we're not all able to fork out 5grand on a projector and 2 grand on a sound system.Stopped going there for good!!
    I'm sure there are folks who have had a good experience but mine was crap- all 6 times!!
    My branch was in Leicester.

7. arnold_the_cat

arnold_the_cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too am looking for projector shops around derby. I have a projector which i need to be repaired. Unfortunetaly i'm on a reasonably small budget. If anyone knows of a place that repairs projectors or can repair projectors themselves I would be very grateful if they could let me know. I have an Epson EMP 5100 and there are vertical lines across the projected image. I have tried adjusting the tracking but this does not solve the problem. The projector has 3 LCD's which i think are mis-algined. However, i am no expert so I am unable to confirm this is the fault. Thanks very much.

arnold_the_cat