Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Projector setup & Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Seb1, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Seb1

Seb1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    What settings/setup do you use with your projector when using Xbox?

I have an AE200 connected to a modified Xbox via component for progressive scan and I also use a Hoya filter.

I find 'dynamic' with a bit of contrast added to be best because the Xbox picture is known to be quite dull and murky.

I am still not totally happy with the picture as jaggies are still visible and the picture is not has sharp as I would like. I presume this is due to Xbox's limitations and that a higher resolution projector would not help much, but probably make it worse...

Any thoughts?

:)

2. EffTee

EffTee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi Seb,

I'm always blown away by the image quality of my Xbox on what is now quite an old NEC projector. I have a US box, connected via the official Microsoft High Definition lead.

Certainly wouldn't say I saw a lot of jaggies - and the image is pin-sharp. It almost sounds like you are still running in interlaced mode?

Have you got a US or PAL box - and are you using the video mode selector disk if it's PAL?

EffTee

3. Seb1

Seb1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am definitely getting a progressive image because the projector is detecting a 525P signal. The game I am playing is Rallisport Challenge (PAL). The jaggies are not bad, but there are a few...

My Xbox was bought from Premodded.co.uk so I presume its a modified PAL Xbox.

What if I try a US game? Do PAL games in NTSC mode not look as good as a US game would?