1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projector Setup Database

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by xander, Apr 1, 2003.

1. xander

xander
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Having been hooked on projectors for 12 months now, I have identified proper projector setup as one of the biggest frustrations after one has done all the appropriate investigation into which projector to buy. Now I know that everybody's setup is different and there are probably no 2 setups that are alike, but I've always learnt a lot by looking at how other people (specifically the long termers) have set up their projectors.

One of the problems with finding how other people have set up their projectors is that you have to search through many threads (and even forums) that may or may not be related to your projector or even specifically titled in that way. It could sometimes be quite bothersome to find the correct and useful information.

Now, it occurred to me that if we were to create a central repository of projector setups, that it would be easy to go there from time to time when you are looking for that specific setting or adjustment information. To this extent, I've changed my website from an "articles and news" type website to a "projector setup database" type site where I'm hoping people with contribute their specific setup information. My thought at this stage is that I do not want to promote any discussions to move away from avforums, but rather for people to use that facility to post their final projector setups and tips for others to use as a database. This will provide us with a single, focused repository/database of specific projector setup information, easily navigatable and searchable by brand name.

Any thoughts on whether you think this is a good idea (or bad idea) or how to make it even better are welcome.

Thanks
    Xander