Projector Set-up (Home cinema)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Rufcwayne, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Rufcwayne

Rufcwayne
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello.

Can anyone offer any advice to a complete layman?

I'm looking at getting a projector which I want to use in conjunction with Sky. I have Sky Q (main box is in the lounge) and the projector will be in a converted loft.

Question 1: In my simple mind, I call Sky and get them to come out and install a Sky Q mini box which I assume connects directly to the projector via HDMI?

Question 2: Could I somehow connect speakers wirelessy or would I need cables running from the projector to them? For information, I'm spending less than £1000 on the projector.

Any advice welcome!

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,551
    A Sky Q Mini is 'limited' to 1080p Output so that may/may not have a bearing on your Expectations in terms of Projected image.

A wireless connection between the Sky Q 2TB or 1TB box is the 'norm' - though you may find you need to go wired depending on your house construction/Wi-Fi coverage.

In the loft you would install a Soundbar or more conventional AVR + wired speakers to partner the Projector - the Sky Box (Mini or an extended Output from the main box if you want UHD in the loft) will connect to the Soundbar or AVR via HDMI which will in turn connect to the Projector via HDMI.

Joe