Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

This may seem like a very random question.. But I have the following setup:

Onkyo TX-NR646
BenQ W170+
Sky HD
Wetek Openelec box with Kodi

All was setup and working fine for about a year.

Now at 21:45 everyday, the projector loses its signal to either the Sky or Kodi box (both run through the AMP). I have to turn off SKY or Kodi to get the signal again.

21:45 every night?!?!

I'm not sure that anything has changed, maybe an update to the AMP?

I'm really lost.... Does anyone have any suggestion?

Thanks

Have a think about any mains powered items that you may have set on a timer to come on at that time. Heating or hot water tank/outdoor lights/water softener flush and probably many other things that I've overlooked. Worst case it could be your neighbour. These things can sometimes cause a spike through the mains when they switch on/off which can be enough to affect the HDMI input on your projector.

As an example I had random drop outs while watching a film that would mostly just recover from, but eventually got bad enough that I had to switch inputs to get the picture back again. It turned out that a small beer fridge we have had been switched back on (full of non alcoholic groceries I might add :rolleyes:) and every time the thermostat kicked in it would cause interference on the house ring main.

I don't have Sky or Kodi, but perhaps they do some sort of daily update at 9:45 which you could change to 3am or similar when it won't bother you?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom