• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Projector Screen in front of fireplace surround

Konisberg

Standard Member
Hi. I will be setting up my cinema room soon with a Panasonic AX200. I need to mount the screen above a fireplace surround which whilst does not have a fire is very large. (6ft high, 7ft wide) and the mantlepiece sticks out about 18". I will therefore have to mount the screen on the ceiling 18" out from the wall. My question is does anyone forsee any major problems with doing this. I am a little worried about the screen moving around. If I get the measurements right I guess it can rest back on the edge of the mantlepiece. Thoughts anyone?

thanks

AV Nik

Established Member
Hi Konisberg and welcome to the forum.

If you chose a screen with easy install brackets, like the Beamax R-Series or Sapphire Parklane, you only have to find the joist to mount the brackets. The screen then clicks into those brackets and can be locked in place. Easy install brackets screw into the ceiling joist or wall and therefore are rigid once installed. This should limit any movement.
If you cannot screw into the walls/ceiling then a portable pullup screen may be a better option?

Hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom