Projector Screen ideas

RathOX

Novice Member
Hey guys. In doing a 2.35:1 screen its going on the bedroom wall around 91 inches but was wondering whats the best DIY screen.
(7100/7400/9400)
Ive seen people mixing paint but that seems a lot of hassle getting the right mix and also its a 10ft x 8ft wall so the entire wall needs doing. Unless people know the exact paint & ratio for mixing.

Actual projector paint is just silly expensive plus i need to do the full wall.

Spandex screen from Spandex world and Stretching over MDF which is probs the cheapest option

There is PSM based in newcastle & stretch that over a frame & hang it like a picture.

Then there is going into buying an actual screen like from elite screens which will cost £478 with shipping not including import cuz we are out the eu now.
audiovisual online has some but looks cheap & nasty & grandview doesnt look any better.

swiftpete

Distinguished Member
Have you looked at the duronic screens? I bought a fixed frame 150 inch screen for buttons and it is pretty decent.

hopefullguy

Novice Member
over here i use curtain block out cloth, cheap and seems fine. benq w1110, epson ehtw8200.

spandex you will need a black piece and a quite piece and your gain will drop to .7 but should be fine with the pj's you listed.

look on avs forums for your subject and just do what Mississippi Man says.. he is the resident expert on wall paint

RathOX

Novice Member
over here i use curtain block out cloth, cheap and seems fine. benq w1110, epson ehtw8200.

spandex you will need a black piece and a quite piece and your gain will drop to .7 but should be fine with the pj's you listed.

look on avs forums for your subject and just do what Mississippi Man says.. he is the resident expert on wall paint
Already talked to tjem extensively and its not really what eould be good for me sadly also would be too low of gain. It would be the cheap option at like £150 after import on a MDF sheet but i dont need AT material etc and the only reason spandex is great is for AT properties. But its going on a fixed wall i explained everything needs etc and they steared me away pixel / rek & MM also with wall paint, wall is already painted and not paint a screen plus paints here have changed and things like the mixes to make black widow etc are no longer able to do. So im looking for a fixed frames screen up to £600 100” 16:9 thats decent

Mr Wolf

Then there is going into buying an actual screen like from elite screens which will cost £478 with shipping not including import cuz we are out the eu now.
After you click on Union Jack flag at the top, the prices shown on Elite Screens' EU website are inclusive of UK VAT and duty but exclude shipping. Like many other businesses Elite has obtained their own UK VAT registration which makes it easier for UK purchasers.

I just bought this 125" 2.35:1 screen which was shown as £515 (inc VAT) and worked out at £550 delivered. It was sent via DHL, cleared customs without issue and took about a week to arrive from Germany.

Extremely impressed with the quality of the screen which is now installed. Very high quality materials, great fit, no missing parts and easy to assemble. Only gripe is that the wall mounting brackets have no vertical adjustment built in the plate so you need to be be very accurate when drilling your holes.

RathOX

Novice Member
After you click on Union Jack flag at the top, the prices shown on Elite Screens' EU website are inclusive of UK VAT and duty but exclude shipping. Like many other businesses Elite has obtained their own UK VAT registration which makes it easier for UK purchasers.

I just bought this 125" 2.35:1 screen which was shown as £515 (inc VAT) and worked out at £550 delivered. It was sent via DHL, cleared customs without issue and took about a week to arrive from Germany.

Extremely impressed with the quality of the screen which is now installed. Very high quality materials, great fit, no missing parts and easy to assemble. Only gripe is that the wall mounting brackets have no vertical adjustment built in the plate so you need to be be very accurate when drilling your holes.
Its ok bought some spandex & did a DIY screen and its much better than the ES

Mr Wolf

Ended up with a 9400 as well
Same here, only installed mine 2 weeks ago. The Elite screen was bought to go with it and replaced a 16 year old 100" 16:9 screen - the new 125" 2:35:1 one has identical height as I couldn't bear to go backwards in any way! Makes a huge difference as it has about 75% more picture area when watching scope movies than the old screen.

Last edited:

RathOX

Novice Member
Same here, only installed mine 2 weeks ago. The Elite screen was bought to go with it and replaced a 16 year old 100" 16:9 screen - the new 125" 2:35:1 one has identical height as I couldn't bare to go backwards in any way! Makes a huge difference as it has about 75% more picture area when watching scope movies than the old screen.
Im in a bedroom, making it my HT space haha, so walls are grey and its nice i can only do a 105” 16:9 but masking to 2.35 when we wanna watch a movie. doing spandex white over black. Got a 9400 for the same price as a 7100. So sending my 7100 back.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom