projector screen help!

K

kifimoto

I've recently bought a Sanyo Z2 and am now trying to find a good screen so I have a few questions - any advice appreciated!

- my budget is up to 800 pounds, i'd like it to be about 80" diagonally, 16:9

- is there any point in going for an electric one?
- where is the best place to get one? (online included)
- any recommendation on make? i've looked at Draper, Beamaxed, Stewart etc but can't really tell which one's good just by looking at the website.
- the most important factors would be the straightness, flatness of the screen, gain and what else?

cheers

kifimoto,

I have OWL 7ft wide screen (can be seen on my www below). I cannot recommend this enough. I think that this was about £1k for the electric version.

Ian.

At the other end of the scale I have a 6ft DRH electric screen which cost under 400 quid. It does what it does very well.

I would have thought that £800 was a bit excessive for a screen to be used with a Z2:eek:
If your not bothered about it not being electric, you could pick up a 92" Projecta Procinema 16:9 with extra drop for around £200.
I had one for my AE300, and its more than adequate.
I believe the mighty 'Kramer' has one aswell.:smashin:

I was hoping having a good screen can squeeze more quality out of the Z2? Where did you guys get yours? is there a good place to shop for them?
cheers

i've just had a look at some grandview electric screens and they are quite reasonable! the 8 ft ones are only 569 squid. (though i'm not really bothered about having electric ones....) (but it'd be nice...... ):confused:

have you guys heard of this make?

Originally posted by Drew C
I believe the mighty 'Kramer' has one aswell.:smashin:

Had one ;)

Currently using an Ellie 8' electric model & very happy with it too. Have seen their newer version recently & quality is excellent. Worth consideration.

Off to the screen forum now.......moved.

Originally posted by kifimoto
i've just had a look at some grandview electric screens and they are quite reasonable! the 8 ft ones are only 569 squid. (though i'm not really bothered about having electric ones....) (but it'd be nice...... ):confused:

have you guys heard of this make?

Hi Kifimoto
I've got 92x52 pull down Grandview only £269 from www.intoav.com gives good pq

Looks like they have gone up in price to £285

:)

Check the powerbuys for a nice price on Owl electric screens..:lesson:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom