• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Projector screen for new house.

fubar925

Prominent Member
Hi, I need some advice on screen and placement in my new house. I have a epson tw9100 and my living room is 16'6 x 12'7 (5.03m x 3.84m) at one end it has bi-fold doors into conservatory so can only go at the one end. The wife wants one that retracts, the house is south facing so loads of light.. Not moved in yet so these are the only pictures I have. So what would be a good size for projector?

Also in mad rush so if I have missed something let me know and I will get back to you thanks for your help.

Brett

Attachments

• Living Room.JPG
    Living Room.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 115
  • floorplan.jpeg
    floorplan.jpeg
    37.5 KB · Views: 73

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
120". That's the size of mine. Seriously though I would wait till you get in there and place the PJ and see what you can get then buy the screen accordingly.

baronm

Established Member
That's a similar sized room to mine, and I have a 104". It depends if you have the whole wall free for the screen, or whether, for example, you have a sub, or hi-fi rack etc. in that area too, as that would restrict your size.

As Steve has said, it would be much safer to wait until you get in there, mount the projector and see what looks right to you.

fubar925

Prominent Member
Thanks guys for the advice.. I was looking to buy one off the classified adverts on here but it has sold so not in so much a rush.. So what make,style,should I Look at? Like I said I have the tw9100 and a lumagen do like the idea of 2.35:1 ratio using the lumagen to scale it. Also acoustic or non what would be best for room..... Again cheers guys

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
Acoustic or not depends on where you intend to put speakers. If you want them hidden then acoustic is an option but more expensive. Otherwise wait till you are in, see what size you can get and position speakers accordingly. The ideal would be a fixed frame but my wife put a stop to that but your partner maybe more accommodating.

baronm

Established Member
In your living room environment the best option will be a Draper ReAct 2.1, or the new 1000 model if you need acoustic, as they are designed for use in these types of environment.

There's a long thread in this forum on the ReAct.

fubar925

Prominent Member
Thanks for the advice guys will update thread soon get the keys today...! Been looking for a house for a year and been renting all that time...doh..! Imagine what setup I could of had lol..

Re the react 2.1 and the new 1000 is it techvision? At the moment looking at fixed screen frame vision or frame vision light euro screen are these ok for home installs?

Anyone know what's the price difference between the 2.1 and 1000 wouldn't mind AT screen makes speaker placement easier..

fubar925

Prominent Member
Hi guys just a update I have... Well a good friend of mine as managed to help me out with a screen with the throw distance and my projector he as just ordered me a 2.35 Clarion Screen with React MS1000V material with a viewable size of 203cm by 86cm, total size 213cm by 96cm.. All I know is 7ft wide. Going to start my own build thread soon.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom