1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projector Sales

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by progomez, Mar 3, 2005.

1. progomez

progomez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

was ready to buy a epson tw10h projector from technoworld. Rang yesterday to check stock but had to wait till today to order as waiting for a refund from dabs.com.

Any price overnight goes up 60gbp. Phone and spoke to chap from yesterday and wont budge on price. Suffice to say didnt budget for price rise and need advice on any other companies, internet or shop based who people recommend for this projector at £550 ish price.

I noticed ebuyer have it but have heard bad things about service and theres no telephone contact number avoiding for now.

Thanks for any feedback.

2. Mr fuse

Mr fuse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im quite intrested in this thread im about to order the epson tw10h tomorrow in fact and I have been looking at the best prices and it seems that ebuyer are the cheapest that I can find anywhere.

I know youve heard bad things about Ebuyer but loads of people use them, me included just spent £600 on pc stuff and I have to say ive always had no problems and have always been happy with their service they even give discounts if they cannot deliver on time!

I read a thread about someone buying the TW10H from technoworld and are having no end of problems with them.

But many others have had great service so its all swings and roundabouts really.
    Anyway ordering mine tomorrow from ebuyer so I will let you know how I get on if you want?

3. progomez

progomez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, ill probably risk it and order from them also.

4. progomez

progomez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also, am I right in thinking that as long as the projector is delivered, then given it has a 3 year on site then epson will deal with any further problems with the item?

5. Member 14847

Member 14847

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    If you buy a UK projector then Epson do supply a three year warranty.

6. progomez

progomez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would that mean I wouldnt need to contact ebuyer again once Id received it?

7. Member 14847

Member 14847

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    You should always contact the dealer as the first port of call. When you purchase a product your contract is with the dealer you purchased off, not the manufacturer.

If the projector is a UK unit then Epson supply a 3 year swap out warranty.

If the projector is from another European country then Epson are obliged to honour the warranty terms of that country i.e. if that country has an RTB warranty then you can return the projector to Epson and they will repair it.

If the projector is from outside Europe then Epson have no obligation to repair the unit.

It may be worth checking with Epson to see if they have an international warranty or checking with ebuyer to see if the product if UK sourced.