Projector power on, no signal

rvgetfive

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a new-to-me Sony vpl-vw695es. Posted yesterday about issues with not getting 4K signal when running from my source > receiver > projector. Gave up for the time being, so now just running video direct to projector, and sound to receiver via toslink.

Now, all is pretty much ok until i figure out the receiver issue. However, when powering on, my TiVo signal doesn’t come through until I either unplug the hdmi from the TiVo DVR or switch the input back and forth on the projector.

There is no sleep mode on the TiVo. Cable is about 25 feet. It is high speed, blah blah blah.

I have a couple new hdmi cables on order, so maybe the “handshake” will improve, I don’t know. This is killing me.

Had none of these problems with the exact same set up with my 1080p Sony project that I’m replacing. I know it might be the nature of the beast with 4K, but hoping that someone can provide some ideas? Don’t want the wife and kids to have to deal with this every time they want to watch a movie or tv in the theater room.

Update - switched to HDMI 2 and the projector will power cycle and works as it should. Wonder why HDMI 1 is having the issue but HDMI 2 seems to be fine

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom