1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projector picture problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Ross82, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Ross82

Ross82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hiya folks.
    Its now that time to ask the experts on this on as ive tried everything in my will to get this to work.
    Im running a component-vga lead from the dvd to the PJ but the image is VERY red. Ive never used the component before as its always been set up through S-Video.
    Ive tried looking in the PJ Manual and the dvd manual with no joy. The only thing I could pick up on was the PJ manual said if the colour is very red/green use the colour space option (which isn't there on the menu I swear!!!)
    Does anyone know what this problem could be? and how it can be resolved.
    I cant think of anything else to do than cut my losses and revert back to S-video (which to me is far less adequate than the component)
    Thanks in advance people.
    Ross

2. Supersonic

Supersonic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Am I right in thinking you're using a cable similar to the ones that run from a PC to a PC monitor? (VGA cable with a trapezium shaped connectors [D-Sub is it?])

If so, check that all the pins are present and none are bent - I remember having the same problem and it turned out a pin was bent from where someone must have pushed the cable home at an angle. I straightened it (carefully) with needle-nosed pliers and all was fine.

If that's not it, sorry! Can only otherwise suggest perhaps trying a different cable. I am assuming here you've exhausted all the setup type options, both on the pj and the dvd player.

3. Ross82

Ross82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Cheers Supersonic.
    The cable is a vga cable (15 pin D-sub I think) with 3 rca component leads the other end.
    I will check the cable to see if there's abnormalities with the pins and cross fingers!
    I have however used the same cable and same input on the projector and run it 600x800 RGB and it worked in colour fine. Its only when its on component that it plays up. Would this make any difference?

and yea, I have exhausted all the setup options unfortunately with the dvd (which is the same as yours if this helps) and the PJ, even tried a different player in case there was a problem the outputs but all good (im afraid!)
    any other thoughts from the professionals would be greatly received, you'd make a film buff very happy!!

4. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Hi Ross,

Which projector is it? When I first used my Infocus Screenplay 5700 on component for the first time, the colours were all over the place, with the picture actually being dark as well as off colour. I tracked down in the menu screens some advanced settings that seemed to fix them, which weren't mentioned in the manual (I can't remember what they were called). It's a lot better now since they were changed.

Cheers

Andy

5. Ross82

Ross82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Cheers Andy,

The pain of a projector in question is this
    my pj

I bought it about 2 years ago when I was slightly more naive than I am now.
    After having it running through s-video I new I had to improve to component to improve the quality of what really is a data projector.

Ive read through the .pdf manual on the link and it does state there is a "colour" space sub menu which would sort the colour out however its not on my menu goddammit!!!!

Thanks again for all your help guys!

don't feel like im the only one with these problems!!