projector paint for wall

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by yamyamgaz, Jun 30, 2017.

1. yamyamgaz

yamyamgaz
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi everyone

im looking for advice on paint for projecting straight onto a newly plastered wall.
    the room in question has been built with projecting on to the wall in mind. screen size will be around 110 inches wide with options to mount a new projector 3-3.5 meters away.
    i havnt yet decided which projector to buy but im looking at an optima or ben q under 600 poundish which needs to be suitable for gaming, movies and sports (its a man cave i suppose)

i havnt decided on decor for the rest of the room and the lighting will be completely controllable as its a seperate building at the bottom of the garden

onto paint ive been reading afew threads on the forum but they all seem quite old so i was wondering what the latest advice is on which paint to get,
    so far ive seen the aaa and gs2 mix has been highly recommended but i was wondering if anyone had used the following.....

Create your own home cinema

so in summary any advice on decor colours ie would darker colours be more suitable, projectors and screen paint would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance

gaz

2. daredevill

daredevill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +180
    I used the black widow screen mix when I had a lighter coloured room. Results were great. It dries a greyish colour so you could make it a feature wall perhaps?

3. meva

meva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I just made myself a fixed screen with black widow paint and find it excellent. Although if you do have total light control plain white may be the way to go.

4. ELV

ELV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Second the white if you have Blackout conditions. I have a 120inch screen and it looks great. Painted the borders black and have stone velour panels for 2.35 films.