Projector noise

Punchytiger

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering if anyone had the same issue as me.
I have an optima projector and is connected to my Sony av system along with my PC,ps4 and sky box.
When using my PC to watch a movie or playing my ps4 the fan on the projector is quiet, but when I watch TV on the projector through the sky box the fan instantly becomes louder, I don't know if there is anything I can do to resolve it.
If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.
Cheers
Punchytiger

I'm not very familiar with Optoma projectors, but when you switch between sources and press the Menu button does the viewing mode on the display change ?

For example, if I'm watching a blu ray in dark conditions my pj is set for Cinema mode but if there's ambient light in the room and I'm watching TV I switch it to Dynamic and the fan noise becomes quite loud to cope with the extra brightness.

Maybe your projector is doing this automatically without you knowing ?

Last edited:
Hi Mikemag

I'm not sure,I mean I have a purpose built cinema room in my garden and its blacked out so there is no light at all,it just seems strange that it would be louder just by using the sky box that is connect via the av system

I know it's only a slim possibility but a change in the viewing mode is the only thing that changes the fan noise on my Epson.

Obviously, the display will look different but when I press the Menu button on my remote I get this:

image.jpeg

If I go into the Image section and change the Color mode to something like Dynamic the picture is a lot brighter but the fan noise goes up quite a bit:

image.jpeg

The point I was trying to get across is that if you watch a movie and then change the source by moving to the Sky box, check if any of the picture settings are changed automatically by the Optoma thereby increasing the fan noise.

Ha, I did what you said and changed the setting from vivid to cinema and it worked right away.

Thanks for your help.

No worries, great that it was something simple :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom