Projector no sound through Firestick.... best option.

twinx05

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have had a Projector ( not Bluetooth ) and 150" screen set up in my lads room for the last couple of yrs ....
He only uses it for his Xbox, so its been fine unto now as the projector only has one Hdmi slot.

Now i have just bought him a Firestick, i have bought him a HDMI Splitter so he will be able to flick from Xbox to Firestick but i have no sound going through the Projector from the firestick.....

I have been thinking of buying a Soundbar with a HDMI Slot in..... so i could use from the Splitter but it would then be on a different channel on the splitter ??

Any Help on the set-up please ?

Thanks in advance

Can I ask what is being used for sound when the XBox is being used. I'm guessing your son is using headphones, but is you already have a speaker system in there, you could look at any product with a HDMI in/out which has the ability to split the audio. If not, then something like the Denon HEOS BAR or the Polk MaginiFi Max might be a good options as these have all the parts you require without having to go for a full 2.1 or 5.1 system

hi,
thanks for your reply, yes my son is using headphones when he's using the Xbox, but sometimes he has the sound on through the Projector which in truth is not good.

I'm probably going to have to buy something like a sound bar.....
So would a simple Audio Hdmi in/out be ok to hook the Soundbar into too ?

It's just that I'm thinking that i'd be having to use two Hdmi slots....one for the Firestick Hdmi slot then the hdmi slot for the Soundbar so wouldn't be on different buttons/channels ?

You are correct that you'll need more than one HDMI input, but not for the reasons you are thinking as you have the Firestick and the XBox which will be connected to the soundbar via their own HDMI cables. For the projector, the output HDMI connection will as you suspect feed the visuals to the projector.

So long as you connect the Firestick and XBox to the inputting HDMI connections and the projector to the output connection, everything should work fine. Do note that in some instances, some product maybe required to have the sound output to PCM or Stereo. So, if the sound sounds wrong or it hisses (sounds like white noise), then you will have to look into this to correct it

As for game play and your headphones, if your son is anything like mine, using anything but the headset will be " :eek: ", this should make any difference to how he uses it and so long as the volume is down/muted on the soundbar, everything should work fine

Gets v confusing when you post the same question across multiple Forums - best to have a single Thread.

Joe

thanks so much for that.....
I don't suppose you have a link on what Hdmi connection box i need to buy ?
You are correct that you'll need more than one HDMI input, but not for the reasons you are thinking as you have the Firestick and the XBox which will be connected to the soundbar via their own HDMI cables. For the projector, the output HDMI connection will as you suspect feed the visuals to the projector.

So long as you connect the Firestick and XBox to the inputting HDMI connections and the projector to the output connection, everything should work fine. Do note that in some instances, some product maybe required to have the sound output to PCM or Stereo. So, if the sound sounds wrong or it hisses (sounds like white noise), then you will have to look into this to correct it

As for game play and your headphones, if your son is anything like mine, using anything but the headset will be " :eek: ", this should make any difference to how he uses it and so long as the volume is down/muted on the soundbar, everything should work fine
Thanks for that ,
Have you any links that I could use to buy the HDMI switcher that will work with all you’ve mentioned above.
I will look round for a decent sound at with HDMI connection...

thanks again.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom