1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projector Mounting with Cooling

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Insp.Gadget, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Insp.Gadget

Insp.Gadget

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Anyone out there with some electronics experience ? I'm thinking of making a mounting for my ae300 which I think will have to incorporate some kind of cooling due to the unit being quite close to the sides of it (not the back or front though).

Basically I'm thinking of using a couple of the first fan on the site here - Fan .

Now these obviously have four pin connectors to be connected to PC power supply units, but is there a way of powering 2 or three of these without having to run a PC power supply ?

Excuse my ignorance, but elec-trickery isn't my strong point.

Any help appreciated.
    Greg

P.S. The PJ is in the lounge so I need to be able to build an "in-keeping with the decor" box around it rather than just having it hanging from the ceiling (which would be far easier !!). I'm hoping to have some kind of pivot arm to swing it up out of the way, close to the ceiling, when not in use and then down to the correct level when needed, to avoid keystoning.