projector mounting of speakers - position advice

stephanc

Novice Member
I need to mount speakers - the install crew is here, I thought I knew but I need some quick advice, I've attached a photo, of two possible locations, your advice is appreciated!!!

The problem is that my dining room is small, and entered into my living room which is much bigger, I'm worried that the rear sound can't expand into the living room.

stephanc

Novice Member
yes, in the second photo I'm standing where the screen will be (you can see that in the first photo), but you can see my reflection in the mirror. Sorry I should have explained that better.

stephanc

Novice Member
The projector will be about 23-24 feet away from the screen based on this URL it should be OK. Projector Calculator. what I'm trying to figure out now are the rear speakers. I know rear speakers aren't incredibly important, but I'm worried about shielding the sound if I put them in the dining room, as the living room opens up.
_S

stephanc

Novice Member
No I'm doing 5.1. the 1 and 2 numbered in the photos are the rear speakers.
It's a choice, either mounting 1 and 2 in one position or 1 and 2 behind. as I stated I'm worried that the smaller dining room will close up the sound for the rear speakers when Im in the living room if I put it close to the mirror.

signs

Banned
Let's start again shall we :)

Is that an air con controller on pillar 2 ? If so would that make 1+2 (air con pillar ) fronts

If so call them 1+ 1 - ....2+ 2 being the rears ?

stephanc

Novice Member
sorry I don't understand. I just am trying to put two rear speakers up, forget about my numbering, can I put them on the walls right next to the mirror? will that just wreck the sound?

Zone

Do the speakers have to be so high up?

Ideally head/ear height is preferable!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom