Projector mounting (easily to ditach and attach).

lpkotsev

Hi all, I plan to have two locations on the ceiling where to position the projector in order two have two different screens.
However, for this I will need two mounts and thus the projector ought to be easily dittachable and attachable when I move from one point to another on the ceiling.
Are there such mounts on the market?

I am also thinking to maybe install a whole rail on the ceiling and put just one mount which will be able to slide from one point to another. But if there are better tricks ,ideas or products, let me hereby know :)

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
To get the alignment right will take time some time I think you'll either need to spend a lot on engineering

alebonau

if you purchased the Peerless PRG-UNV. precision mount. it comes with a quick release slide out skid that whole projector and skid slides out on and you can then slide into another mount else where. I have changed out projectors eg going from one JVC to next and had nothing to do it just perfectly aligned....

still depending on projector am not sure its something i would do as a regular activity :D

IT was quite an effort to mount the current JVC I have at nearly 20kg to slide into position... especially if taking it up a ladder !

To get the alignment right will take time some time I think you'll either need to spend a lot on engineering
this is a very good point. the engineering of the mount can be taken care off eg with the peerless PRG.

however in the new location the projector image still needs to be aligned to screen... unless have lens memories eg JVC you can store multiple... could name it location A and location B and save these so each time relocate would need to select the appropriate lens memory.

still would be overall a PITA ... not sure how often OP plans to locate and re locate !

to OP have you considered two screen in the same location ? folk do this with either two motorised screens ... or one fixed one motorised that comes down in front of it.

or just one larger screen that is masked (you can do DIY masking system or buy them at expense ! )

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
Knowing how clumsy I am I'd be very nervous about frequently moving a PJ too !

lpkotsev

Thank you all for the responses. I am not sure how much time it will take to focus it each time (talking about Optoma UHD 30). If it takes more than 5 minutes, I will give up the overall idea... I am not sure what you guys mean about spending time on "engineering". @alebonau I have a smooth white wall where I will project

alebonau

Thank you all for the responses. I am not sure how much time it will take to focus it each time (talking about Optoma UHD 30). If it takes more than 5 minutes, I will give up the overall idea... I am not sure what you guys mean about spending time on "engineering". @alebonau I have a smooth white wall where I will project
not only focussing but realigning picture in new location will be needed.

engineering ? - the precision mount... so dont have to realign projector every time remount :)

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
Your money and time would likely be better spent on a projector with motorised lens and lens memory function that could hopefully reach the positions you need from a single mounting position. (unless these screens are on totally different walls etc). Anything else is going to be a proper pain the rear...

lpkotsev

Thank you all for the useful advice! I will think to move to the other wall for special occasions then as realigning and refocusing every time will be tough. In addition, I guess 160 inch will make the picture not anymore 4k (with a budget 4k projector) so I can pick the 100 inch projection as my regular spot.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom