Projector masking solution & methods to 'temporarily treat the room' specifically ceiling?

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Hey guys.

So I've treated my room conservatively so far (grey paint) for aesthetic reasons.

I've decided to steal @mb3195 excellent idea of MVEL22 curtains for the side wall treatment. For below the screen, I'll use MEVEL22 over my cabinet which will house all the gear.

I am left with two issues.

1. I need Temporary masking solution for 2:35:1 content. I use the wall to project my image FYI. The width of the wall is about 4 metres. I'm stumped in trying to think of a masking solution this wide. I do sometimes watch 16:9 content hence why it cant be static.
2. I could do with a similar solution for the ceiling, again temporary.

Does anyone have any genius ideas of how I could go about doing this? I'm honestly stuck. Something involving magnets? Something light weight for storage? or something small-ish for storage even?

mb3195

Distinguished Member
Hey guys.

So I've treated my room conservatively so far (grey paint) for aesthetic reasons.

I've decided to steal @mb3195 excellent idea of MVEL22 curtains for the side wall treatment. For below the screen, I'll use MEVEL22 over my cabinet which will house all the gear.

I am left with two issues.

1. I need Temporary masking solution for 2:35:1 content. I use the wall to project my image FYI. The width of the wall is about 4 metres. I'm stumped in trying to think of a masking solution this wide. I do sometimes watch 16:9 content hence why it cant be static.
2. I could do with a similar solution for the ceiling, again temporary.

Does anyone have any genius ideas of how I could go about doing this? I'm honestly stuck. Something involving magnets? Something light weight for storage? or something small-ish for storage even?
Cover some soffit or pvc fascia board in velvet, it’s light and long.

sim12

The sticky velor rolls could do the ceiling @Luminated67 had great success with the stuff, it may not be temporary as you want but it would look very tidy.

iamsludge

I would do on your walls what I did for my ceiling.
A roll of material (I use Devore) that has metal hoops sewn onto it.
The walls have hooks in that the hoops hang onto.
You will probably want to use a material that has a little stretch to it to minimise sag.
Magnets will not be strong enough, heavy duty velcro would be a pain, hooks n hoops is the best I came up with. I suggest treating your ceiling first as it might make you think you don’t need to mask on the wall...

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
I would do on your walls what I did for my ceiling.
A roll of material (I use Devore) that has metal hoops sewn onto it.
The walls have hooks in that the hoops hang onto.
You will probably want to use a material that has a little stretch to it to minimise sag.
Magnets will not be strong enough, heavy duty velcro would be a pain, hooks n hoops is the best I came up with. I suggest treating your ceiling first as it might make you think you don’t need to mask on the wall...
Thanks mate, already treated it with dark grey !

have you got a photo of this?

iamsludge

Hiya,

The ancient thread I created:

You should see from that the weight of the material will be your enemy, hence my thought that you might want something with stretch to it if you don’t use panels.

Another thought for you would be hinged panels that can be folded up to put away?

Ade

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Hisense A7G, Zidoo Z1000 & Kudos Cardea C10 Reviews + Movie News and Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom