• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Projector - long throw??

yourdj

Novice Member
Hello,
I am a wedding manager/DJ and want to project the couples names on the wall of the venue. I am considering a 75 watt LED gobo projector, which throws a long way, but you have to print gobos for each event. I am also considering a long throw projector, which is what i am on here for.

I want to project 10-20 metres and have the image about 1-2 m long/high.
I have been recommended the following specs.

>5000 ansi lumins
> 15000:1 contrast
> HD quality.

I have found 2 on alibaba that differ in price and was wondering what the difference is? I want to use these projectors without a PC and show static pictures, but also work with animated motifs (such as a butterfly flying around the name/foliage. The benefit of the projector over gobo is that it is only my time and i can offer a selection of digital designs.

Now I only want this for colour motifs and not for HD film watching etc. so not sure if i need the more expensive one. The main thing is it is bright and will project distance to a decent size.

Expensive one (still pretty cheap mind you):
Wholesale Salange Full HD 1080P Projector Designed for University Seminar Business Big College Classroom Hologram Project Projector - Alibaba.com

Cheaper one:
ATCO Best 6000ANSI Lm HDMI USB Quad core Android 4.4 WiFi Smart Church Data Show 1080P 3D projector daylight hd beamer proyector-in Projectors from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom