Projector Lens Cleaning

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Turl, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Turl

Turl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe an obvious one but what to you guys use to clean your projecter lenses?. A dry soft cloth or lens cleaning solution?.

Cheers,

Turl :rolleyes:

2. mattr

mattr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I use one of those puffers with a soft brush on the end. I tend to keep my hoya filter attached so don't have to clean the main lens. To clean the filter I use the puffer, lens cleaning solution and cloth from Jessops. You can also get this liquid that you pour on the lens, the liquid hardens, and then you peel it off. I've been told to avoid that as it can remove any coatings on the lens !

3. beta

beta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well first of all my shepard licks the lens to get rid of all the big chunky's that have come to rest, then I clean it down with a lint free cloth and some hot breath ;)

It was such a problem with my CRT I bolted the darn thing to the ceiling. She (my dog) only seems to like licking the lenses when the units are running???? Thus I wont be taking the lens hood cover off my HS10!

:D My HS10 and 1251QM stuff :D

4. Dominic

Dominic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I went to jessopss and bought a lens cleaning pen, its double ended :eek: and has a brush, very fine, for getting rid of cobwebs and a sort of pad with a fluid on it ( self mositening) for getting rid of blobs of snot.

only cost about £10.

5. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :clap:

Sean G.