• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Projector keeps slipping....Pic included

I have my X9 ceiling mounted and it keeps slipping towards the heavier side.

It is held together with a slim rubber washer but this seems to flatten really quickly. I have tried different rubber washer to no effect.

Its screwed as tight as it can go. what so you suggest?

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

Drex

I used the Vogels mount as well,and the one you have in your link is of a very similar design.

The good thing with thes Vogel mount is that when fixed to the projector,you can then still adjust it to find the right centre point of balance before you fix it to the ceiling.

The Vogels mount comes in 2 sections,1 you fix to the ceiling,the other you fix to the projector,and then they both click in together.

may give the cheaper one a go first, as I cant justify £70 for the vogel mount at the moment. :D

Griffith400

sd77 / Drex,

I have a ceiling mounted Pannie AX100 via a Vogels VPC545. However, I have a problem with this 'slipping' issue and once every 3-4 weeks have to re-adjust.

I can't see anywhere where you can tighten the mount so it's more secure and the instructions are very basic and has nothing on this either?

I ended up using the cardboard from a roll of toilet paper (it was just the right size) to prop one side up and stop the sagging :(
It still happens a little but not so much now but I wish I could fix it more securely?

Any advice?

Steve.

sdc77

Hi
Mine is fine.. i did buy a cheaper version to start with and it was a nightmare..

The Vogels adjusting nut in the centre is now very tight and I get no involuntary movement.
Apparently the weight of the panny is Approx. 7.3 kg (16.11 lbs). But its seriously steady now.:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom