Projector install and recommendation

goldengun

Established Member
Reaction score
hi, i have a Pure Theatre lift which is currently housing an Optoma HD25-LV.

I would like to upgrade to a 4K projector, and wondered if anyone has a good recommendation ? The throw distance is around 5m, so i've been looking over the potential projectors using the Projector Central website.

The other question i have, is that the projector sits in the Pure Theatre lift which drops down from the ceiling. However, most projectors are meant to be installed upside down (inverted) when installed in the ceiling. So just wondered how others are installing these projectors when put into lifts ?

Thanks in advance for any help. I have tried to search the forum, but couldn't find any similar recent posts (likely my bad usage of the search function!!).

Which model lift for size and budget?

A projector lift is just a high shelf, you need to reference the lens shift data.

Thanks. I have a Pure Theatre lift. Just found the instructions and realised the projector should be mounted to the tray. This could be a little tricky, as it means there is limited scope for adjustment.

Extract:

STEP 10. Mount Projector
Mount projector to projector tray where inverted mounting is required. Otherwise place projector onto projector housing and place tray above.
Then raise up to ceiling and connect all power and AV cables to the projector

Is it one of these, they are different sizes or you could just state the available space.

Budget?

Yes one of those, i just found the old invoice, it was the “Large” size lift.

In terms of budget, would prefer to spend less than £2-3k, but really depends how much of an improvement any new projector would be over my existing one.

Max. Projector (W x D x H)47cm x 44cm x 19cm
Travel15cm
Maximum Weight (kg)22 kg

Looks like your limited for size for good jvc epson or sony

To check any recommended projectors you will need to give screen size/gain, seating distance, ceiling height, screen height and view in sunlight or white walls

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom