Question Projector for Xbox one x

Discussion in 'Xbox One' started by dazg81, Nov 18, 2017.

1. dazg81

dazg81

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi, been following the tv threads and was close to getting a new 4k hdr set. Mine is current a Sony 4k but low end.

What are thoughts on a projector for the one x vs. tv ?

Done a bit of googling a 4k projector would be more expensive but would they be worth it?

Recommendations?

2. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,153
    The projector part of the forum may know whats best to get but from my limited understanding projectors really only work in the dark so maybe not the best for gaming depending upon conditions.

I'd instead buy an OLED for the best picture quality you can get with a normal TV that you can use in any lighting conditions & has wide viewing angles, very low input lag, great HDR.

3. dazg81

dazg81

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks mate, the LG looks a nice buy, but I have a C4 set up and doesn’t play too nice. Hoping Sony bring their a1 closer, hence why I started looking at a projector for cost

4. Goodmane

Goodmane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +152
    Well, I just spotted this post. If you haven't bought yet, look at the Epson tw7300 and tw9300. I have the tw9300 and it's excellent with lag measured less than 30ms and deemed imperceptible by most reviewers.

In bright mode - even on eco setting - it works in a bright room (two windows uncovered) at 100" diagonal and I can't imagine ever preferring a TV. Obviously you are going to want to be using a fairly dark room for optimal results, but the size of the screen often beats perfect blacks for immersion or fun with others, especially for multi-player games like Fifa or bomberman etc.