Projector for the Wii

J

jasontosh

I have just got a Wii, and after nearly damaging the lounge have decided it might be safer to relocate it to the summer house / bar,

I am thinking of a projector as this can be stored away when not required.

As it is mainly going be used for the Wii, maybe watching some DVDs i wanted to keep it as cheap as possible - no HD required

Just wondering the best route to go - have seen some projectors on ebay for £280 but worried they might not be that good as deal as they seem.

I may also use it outside on the odd BBQ time.

Any help much appreciated

Jas

Critters

Look for a thread where someone is asking for the brightest cheap projector for outdoor/late evening use.

Maybe something like the Optoma MovieTIme.. It is 1000 lumens and 480p native (same as the wii) and has a built in DVD player.. so if you are moving it around you only have to worry about moving one thing. It is <£500 new.

I do not own one, so I cant guarantee it will work with the wii, but it seems to do everything you want, you will need to do some research, here is a good place to start:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/optoma_movietime_dv10.htm

danielmoc

Standard Member
Look for a thread where someone is asking for the brightest cheap projector for outdoor/late evening use.

Maybe something like the Optoma MovieTIme.. It is 1000 lumens and 480p native (same as the wii) and has a built in DVD player.. so if you are moving it around you only have to worry about moving one thing. It is <£500 new.

I do not own one, so I cant guarantee it will work with the wii, but it seems to do everything you want, you will need to do some research, here is a good place to start:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/optoma_movietime_dv10.htm

in my opinion, 1000 lumens isn't gonna be enough, maybe somthing above 1600 lummens. but i don't think it will be a good idea use a projector in daylight.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom