1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projector for Sky transmissions

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by trex, Sep 9, 2004.

1. trex

trex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello All,

The kids have grown up, and no longer need their playroom (4m x 2.6m), so it only seems fair that it's transformed into a Home Cinema room.

I'll probably use it for (in order of use)

Most use
    Sport (mainly football) via Sky (additional box)
    Movies on Sky
    PS2 (to keep the kids happy)
    Movies from DVD
    Least use

My preference would be a projector (around £1000 e.g. Panasonic AE500) which seem to offer excellent value for money when compared with a large screen Plasma or LCD.

So my question is whether a projector would be suitable for my requirements?, I guess my major concern is the quality of Sky Sports transmissions when used with a projector, but I'd be pleased to hear any other issues I should consider before I invest in the wonderful world of Home Entertainment.

thanks in advance for any thoughts

regards

Trex

2. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    Hi Trex

I think any of the projectors around the £1000 mark would be fine for your purpose. I use the Hitachi TX100 with great results.

The more restricting factor is the quality of the source material. Sky does not have a great signal, therefore, football always looks smudged and poor quality to me. Films and other channels on Sky are better.

Consoles and DVD's are standard projector fodder and both look great projected. :)

Have fun.

3. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    I would suggest booking a demo of the Themescene H30 which has just droppped to £1000.