1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projector for PAL 50Hz progressive feed

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Sly Fox, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Sly Fox

Sly Fox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are good DLP projectors which have 16:9 native resolution. My concern is that I have not found any projector capable of displaying progressive images at 50Hz. All top projectors like the following three can display 1280x720@60Hz progressive but not 50Hz progressive:

Marantz VP-12S1
    SharpVision XV-Z9000U
    SIM2 HT300

Alternatively I could go for a LCD projector like the Sharp PLV60.Though my dealer suggested to go for a DLP because LCD is not meant for fast film, rather static pictures. Out of own visual judgments I like DLP over LCD.

Any suggestions or comments on this issue?

Thanks and regards
    Sly Fox

2. Ludae

Ludae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I can tell from the specs of the three models you've listed, they all seem to have the correct horizontal and vertical frequency ranges to accept progressive 50Hz.

Double check with the manufacturer before purchase though.

3. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Sly Fox: I've seen the SIM2 HT300 running various PAL DVD's through it. Works fine no problems. It's more likely a projector will not support 625p (576p) than 50hz refesh. If it does 625p (576p) it's more than likely it will supprt 50hz.

The LCd I beleive you are referring to is the Sanyo PLV-60, this is quite a good 16:9 LCD projector. Especially usefull is the fact you can get a short throw lens for it (1.4-1.7:1)

4. ian_guinan

ian_guinan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    The Sim2 HT200DM works well with PAL progressive signals.
    However instead of the 'wide' 480 high setting for the DLP it uses the full 800x600 with scaling at 50Hz. Produces a very acceptable picture.

Regards,
    Ian Guinan