Question Projector for around £300?

Sounduser

Novice Member
Hi is there a projector for around 300 quid thats worth buying? 720 or better.

I almost ordered one of those android projectors from amazon. But thought better of it. Ive looked around online and am pretty confused..

I was thinking of getting a pull down 120" screen. And placing a projector on the coffee table for a movie night with the boy. So not permapermanently installed. 2.5 / 3m from screen and softa behind that.

Any advice would be great. Cheers

Vila

"those android projectors from amazon" suggests you where looking at some generic brand LCD dim projectors that are likely to perform poorly.

With that budget I would look at a second hand optoma / ben q DLP or possibly an epson LCD. Would be a better bet.

Sounduser

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply. I was worried about buying second hand because of the lamp life.. and for the amount I plan to use it a new one wouldnt ever need a lamp replaced.

Currys have a optoma h114 hd (720) for £359
Would some thing like thid be worth buying?

Vila

With second hand you'll get a lot more bang for your buck.
You just have to be aware of what the lamp life is (normally 2000 - 3000 hours per bulb) and what the hours on any unit you might buy are - they all tell you in the menu.

The classifieds on this forum look to have several DLP projectors with around 200 hours on the bulb within your budget.

If you are set at buying new I would avoid Curry's and look at Richer sounds - you'll at least get a demo from someone that has some experience of projectors then.

Sounduser

Novice Member
Ive been looking at past ebay auctions . Benq 1070, acer h6510 and optoma hd141x projectors all see to have sold for 250 - 350 in the last few months.

Are they good choices?

1080 / 3d and short throw . Any others I should be looking for?

Cheers

stevedoc

Standard Member
I just brought a wowoto h8 for exactly the same reason as you for a cheapish movie night . I have slightly mixed feelings on it at first I loved it then I thought it wasn't as clear as I hoped on a 120 " screen then I tried to reduce the size to around 80/90" and it was a much better picture and the 3d was better.
The picture doesn't really compare to my TV but it's great fun .

Sounduser

Novice Member
Yeah. I watched a goood few youtube videos on those chinese projectors before I realsied theyre trying to get their 7% amazon money.

Top Bottom