• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Projector flickers when TV is on.. Advice please.

Dextur

Distinguished Member
Long shot here but has anybody experienced this.

I have a Denon AVR4308 with dual HDMI out.

We have the PJ in output 1 and the TV in output 2

For some reason unless we physically pull the HDMI cable out of the back of the TV (Pioneer Kuro) the JVHD350 flickers constantly.

As soon as we plug the HDMI cable back into the TV, the PJ flickers again.

We have tried the following:

- Swapped HDMI cables.
- Tried a different tv
- tried switching PJ and TV around on the outputs.

Just can't seem to stop it.

Any ideas?

kbfern

Distinguished Member
What are the hdmi cable lengths and has it always flickered or just recently.

Maybe best try a splitter as that may stop the flickering.

One hdmi out to the splitter then 2 out from the splitter 1 to pj and 1 to tv.They cost about £27 from Amazon, Neet is the make they are very good quality.

Dextur

Distinguished Member
HDMI normal lengths, PJ not installed yet, it was just sat next to the amp for testing, 2 metre max.

The splitter is the only solution we could come up with as well but it's annoying as I paid over the odds for an amp with dual out specifically to get away from the extra clutter/connectors.

I just ordered a new centre speaker so the guys bringing that and the splitter up on wednesday.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom