Projector & Fireplace & Painted Wall

Drogo

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Ok, here is my revised post - basically I got my Panasonic in Jan of this year its the AE300 model, and I had a problem in knowing where to place it - as the other half didn't want a screen putting up anywhere, so in the end - I settled for the fireplace, have a look and see what I have done in photos below, I dont have to worry about the heat from the fire - as its a electric heater that pushes out hardly anything, also the heat is from the bottom of the fire, and its not on - when projector is on ...

Other pics show you what sort of image I get from SVHS via a switch box to my projector on a plain (Yellow) wall ..

What do you think ???

Pic01.jpg

And

Pic02.jpg

And

Pic03.jpg

Regards
Drogo

Looking OK mate though your yellow painted wall does seem to have some effect on the images, looking a bit too orangey/yellow, maybe down to your camera though!
And I have mentioned in one of your previous threads that IMO you are not doing your PJ justice (especially where DVD is concerned) by using S-video.

These shots were taken projecting onto a cream coloured wall (prior to making a screen) using homemade component cables.
The bumps under the second picture are clothes on the radiator by the way :blush:

findingnemo.jpg

findingnemo3.jpg

pitchblack2.jpg

You be the judge but personally I think your not doing your PJ justice, its capable of much better :)

I have pioneer dvd 444s player, so will check connections and see what options I have. How much would correct cable cost ???

Drogo

5 mins taking a few more screen shots

I made mine mate.
RG59 double screened coax from Maplins 49p a meter so roughly 3x7 meter's cost £10.50 plus 6x screened plugs at 50p a shot as well, less than £15 all in.

If you don't want to go the DIY route then look in the Power Buys Forum at Mark Grants Thread :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom