1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projector & Fireplace & Painted Wall

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Drogo, May 1, 2004.

1. Drogo

Drogo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Guys,

Ok, here is my revised post - basically I got my Panasonic in Jan of this year its the AE300 model, and I had a problem in knowing where to place it - as the other half didn't want a screen putting up anywhere, so in the end - I settled for the fireplace, have a look and see what I have done in photos below, I dont have to worry about the heat from the fire - as its a electric heater that pushes out hardly anything, also the heat is from the bottom of the fire, and its not on - when projector is on ...

Other pics show you what sort of image I get from SVHS via a switch box to my projector on a plain (Yellow) wall ..

What do you think ???

[​IMG]

And

[​IMG]

And

[​IMG]

Regards
    Drogo

2. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,190
    Looking OK mate though your yellow painted wall does seem to have some effect on the images, looking a bit too orangey/yellow, maybe down to your camera though!
    And I have mentioned in one of your previous threads that IMO you are not doing your PJ justice (especially where DVD is concerned) by using S-video.

These shots were taken projecting onto a cream coloured wall (prior to making a screen) using homemade component cables.
    The bumps under the second picture are clothes on the radiator by the way :blush:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You be the judge but personally I think your not doing your PJ justice, its capable of much better :)

3. Drogo

Drogo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have pioneer dvd 444s player, so will check connections and see what options I have. How much would correct cable cost ???

Drogo

5 mins taking a few more screen shots

4. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,190
    I made mine mate.
    RG59 double screened coax from Maplins 49p a meter so roughly 3x7 meter's cost £10.50 plus 6x screened plugs at 50p a shot as well, less than £15 all in.

If you don't want to go the DIY route then look in the Power Buys Forum at Mark Grants Thread :)